Saturday, February 28, 2009

Evaline and An Unfinished Love Story





Recently I finished a new piece, "Evaline" from S. Evaline st in the Garfield/ Friendship area of Pittsburgh near Penn Ave. This beautiful little table started out heading for the local dump when I happened upon her on my way back from Bartlett Fasteners on Penn Ave. You can view this moving little table full of life and the character of our city at the Fifteen minutes gallery in the Pittsburgh Tech Council lobby.

My other recent project "An unfinished Love Story" a heart shaped section of Goldstrom cherry from the Beechview section of the city, which I carved. The section split while I was working on it and it seemed only appropriate to leave it thus for the time being. This piece was given in an incomplete state...
My sincerest hope and dream is to have the opportunity to complete this piece sometime in the future... and the beautiful love story that accompanies this piece as well. We will have to wait and see for that one...

I am wrapping up work on a new mantle shown previously in the "Unearthed" show. I am pretty excited about how well this piece is responding to being worked. The grain being revealed is beautiful!
I will be showing this in The Clay Place Gallery starting next week... I better Hurry Up!!!! The show will be titled "Cemetery Gates" and we will have work from a number of local artists utilizing material from Allegheny Cemetery showing in the exhibit.
More on this upcoming show in the next couple days... so stay tuned!!

No comments: