Sunday, June 1, 2008

Greensburg White & Ryerson Oak


Well, I said this past month was a little busy...

Another urban project in progress:

We are fortunate to have a wonderful client who requested a dining table for a move into The Cork Factory apartments.
Downsizing from a beautiful home to apartment living can be a little daunting. We're building a unique table to do our part to ease the transition to the smaller space and help make this a unique and special home for our client.

We started with some beautiful white oak we received from a Greensburg residence tree removal and dried by our good friend Reid Crosby... Nate Lucas turned oak timbers my friend Lee Spell provided us from Ryerson Steel's Carnegie facility refuse into a solid foundation for our Greensburg White oak tops.

We get to help a client, recycle from industrial refuse, utilize
our urban forest natural resources, and we get to create!!
It's a good day to work with urban trees....
Now, let's go plant some trees!!!!!!!!

Please keep an eye on our blog as we will be having more on this great project soon!!

1 comment:

Brett said...

I'm a big fan of your mission and what you do, and if I had a little more talent, I'd love to come out there and try my hand on some project myself!

I'll actually be needing a large dining room table in about a month's time--how much would a project like this one cost? My email is we.wore.a@gmail.com if you don't want to publish it on the blog.

Thanks!